Monday, May 9, 2011

update on my first attempt at making "bites"

Recipes for "bites" can be found at http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/

Ok well this was my first attempt at making bites, and um well they smelled pretty good while cooking, but i did a few things wrong......but you gotta attempt it a few times to make it right i guess....that's how life works.
Well first I should have this is a must.....drained (or used a paper towel to soak up cause not really anything to actually drain) the dang sausage....cause it was pretty oily...next time I'm going to use a leaner meat for sure..like sand which meat lean cut of ham or something like that would be good, prolly shouldn't be having sausage anyways....but it sounded good with the egg bites....but i was pretty lazy :( my back started hurting a bit cause i was doing dishes and then started cooking so instead of draining the sausage i let it sit there to cool....uggg.....my bad.  Well also didn't have shredded cheese so i just chopped up some cheddar and yea shredded prolly woulda worked better...it was extremely cheesy I'll tell you that, but that really added  to the oily factor on top of the sausage, not to mention spraying the muffin pan with the olive oil non stick spray added more oily....fun...messy :(  I'm really not that great when it comes to cooking, i either have a disaster or something that's i guess somewhat edible.  Sometimes i can make pretty yummy things, just trial and error i guess.  Well also remember the paper muffin cups....don't use those with the egg bites, ewww it just made even more of a mess for me to clean, woulda been better off just cooking them straight in the pan then in the muffin cups, but again...live and learn....:) So i pretty much ended up with a greasy mess to clean up, but the eggbites turned out pretty tasty, and these were made in mini muffin tin not full size muffin tin, and i was only able to eat 1 and i felt full. Oh and i have pictures yay :)  I just tallied up my calories for today so far on www.myfitnesspal.com and I've only had 299 calories, and 23 grams of protein, so i should probably add another shake today or some protein ice cream. 










Oh i thought I'd add that last pic because I'm adding pics of all my furry babies, so far I've introduced you to Skaro and Daisy, well this one is Waffle, she's my stepson Brandon's dog, she was one of the ones Skaro got pregnant.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment