Sunday, May 15, 2011

My Fur Babies

I thought I'd take the time to introduce you to my furbabies, they all mean the world to me, and are a very special part of my life.  I love every one of them.

The first one is Dolly, sadly we lost her a little more then a year ago, she was my first dog when I moved away from my parents before i met my husband.  She meant the world to me, she was there for me when i had no family or friends or anything, she basically saved my life during a really bad time in my life, and I'll miss her forever, and just writing this i'm starting to tear up, but i can't mention my babies without mentioning my first. 
The next one is Daisy, she's the first dog me and my husband got together.  I originally got her for the boys, my 2 stepsons, 4 and 14 at the time, but she took more to me.  We were having troubles getting pregnant and thats one of the reasons I ended up with so many dogs, I was heartbroken every time i was sure i was pregnant just to find out i wasn't, and one time even got a positive on a pregnancy test, and went in for blood tests and it was negative, so that was soooo heartbreaking. 

The next is Panda, who we actually got as a 2 for 1, well they were both free, her and Sandy, We got them in a walmart parking lot, someone was giving them away, and we were letting my older stepson get a puppy, and he picked Panda, but then my younger stepson wanted one too, so we let him get Sandy, Panda was originally named Panda Bear by the people we got her from, but we just dropped the bear part and kept the Panda part, She's my sweety, she's the one that's always by my side and follows me everywhere, yes i know she was suppose to be my stepsons, but she ended up taking to me, and i'll tell you why.....We had her spend as much time as she could with my stepson during the weekends when he was here so she could get used to him, but one day when she was still a puppy she got hurt somehow, we don't know what happened, but she hurt her leg, and i stayed up all night by her side with her and ever since then she was my baby, and she loved me like crazy...and of course still does, oh and she gives hugs, its so sweet, she's so special. 




Next one is Sandy, which i mentioned above how we got her.  Well we noticed she seemed to be a bit slower then her sister, at learning to get potty trained and stuff, and she would also startle easily and run into things, and we took her to the vet and they said she has hydrosephalitus, poor girl, and thats she's blind, or has partial vision.  She's a really special dog, and she loves love, she loves to be held and pet, and she loves to give hugs, she loves everyone, she's so sweet, and she was a great mother when she had puppies, we weren't sure at all what she was going to do, but she stepped up to the plate and was the best mother ever. 




Well since Panda ended up taking to me, we had to replace my older stepsons dog, so we went to petsmart one day (just to look) and we ended up finding Sadie, just the type of dog my stepson wanted too, he wanted a big dog, and she's a labrador retreiver, the poor girl was in some kind of trouble when she was a puppy before we got her, she has a big gash on the top of her head like she got hit with something real hard, or was in some kind of accident, we have no idea what happened to her, but i know whenever we use the broom or anything stick like she runs away scared to death, the poor thing was probably beaten by some horrible creeps.  We love her alot, she's such a sweet dog, and she loves playing with all the other dogs, and she likes to lay down and hold a toy while skaro pulls her with the other end of the toy, he can drag her pretty far, its cool to watch, she's like really strong.  My stepson is in the Marines right now, and I know he misses his baby girl a lot, we're taking good care of her for him.





The next one we got because i stupidly got my stepson guinea pigs for his birthday, and ugggg that was a big mistake, they were soooo much work, and a big hassle and he ended up not even liking them, even though he is the one that asked for them for his birthday.  Well we were able to find a new home for them, but we had to replace them, so we took him to the pound and let him pick out a puppy.  My husband's family uses breakfast names for their dogs, and they were usually terriers, so since we ended up getting a terrier puppy my husband decided to name her after a breakfast food, so thats how we ended up with Waffle.  She's a gorgeous dog, and so sweet, but such a stubborn little turd too, she doesn't ever come to her name, unless of course her daddy (my younger stepson) calls to her then she usually goes right to him. I'm pretty sure this is a pic from when she was pregnant, cause she looks pretty big here. 



 The next one we ended up with is Skaro.  We found him a week after my baby girl Dolly passed away.  In no way did i want to replace her, but I wanted to take away the pain somehow, so i thought adding a new member to our furry family might help at least a little, because it was just so painful and hard.  I had made a list of several different shelters and pounds and everything within an hour radius of where we live, and we were going to go to as many as we had to till we found the perfect dog, we wanted a puppy and it had to be a girl....Well last minute on our way out the door i decided that we were just going to go to one place, the closest, and if we didn't find what we were looking for then it wasn't meant to be.  Well we went looking for the pound, but couldn't find it, so we had to call them up and ask where they were, and they said they only had 2 dogs, and they told us how to find them.  We decided to go anyways even though they only had two dogs that weren't really in our description of what we wanted.  When I saw him I started crying, he looks so much like my baby girl, how could i leave him there to probably die....He's a really sweet, loving, caring boy, and I picked the name Skaro from my husbands favorite tv show Doctor Who, its the home planet of the Daleks, if you watch doctor who, you'll know what that is. 
My next baby is Daphne, She's a sweety just like her mommy, her mommy is Sandy.  I just had to keep a puppy from each of the litters.  She looks a bit like her dad, just doesn't have the flat face. She loves to be held, and gives hugs, and is just such a sweetheart.  
The next one is Cupcake, she was one of the puppies from waffles babies.  She was originally my inlaws puppy, but unfortionately my mother in law was really allergic to dogs and ended up not being able to breath with her, so we decided to take her back.  She's a stubborn turd just like her mama.  She likes to hide in a corner between my loveseat and big chair, and she does not come to her name.  She is a sweety though, and i love her.  I love all my babies. Cupcake is the one in the middle, the brindle one. 
And last but not least is Twinkie.  He was my inlaws dog, and after they had cupcake for the week they had her, he turned into a little turd, and decided to start acting out and being bad because he was lonely, so they had to make the decision to give him to us, so he could be happy running around and playing with all our other dogs, and he is, he's a really happy playful dog, sometimes he can be a pain in the butt though, two boy dogs is not a good combination, they like to get into fights every now and then.  Twinkie does the cutest thing though, he'll play with a ball and kick it with front paw while holding a piece of trash or another toy in his mouth, and oh man this little boy can play ball for hours, he brings the ball to us and drops it at our feet so we'll throw it for him.  
Well thats all my furbabies, We've had other pets come and go, but we realize, we're dog people, not cat people, not rodent people, just dog people, we even had some goats before, but they almost killed one of my puppies so we got rid of them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment