Monday, October 17, 2011

Meal Plan for 10-10 to 10-16

I decided to Start posting the meal plan after the week is over because I always end up going back and altering things and adjusting things or adding things in, so figure this way everything will be finished when i post.
Weekly Menu Plan for Monday 10-10 to Sunday 10-16
Monday
Crock Pot Chicken with Black beans and Cream Cheese.  This is from a new recipe I found that I’d like to try. Also made some Mexican rice to go with this.  Had plenty for leftovers for lunch for tomorrow, and froze some and have enough for lunch on Wednesday too. I ended up making the recipe my own and adding some extra stuff to it.  My version is called Chicken Slop.
Recipe for Chicken Slop:
4-5 Chicken Breasts (boneless Skinless)
1 Jar of Salsa Whatever level of heat you prefer
1 can of Cream Corn
2 Cans of Whole kernel Corn
2 Cans of Black Beans Drained and rinsed.(I only had 1 can on hand but I definitely think it could have used another can so I’m listing it as 2 cans.) Note: if you don’t like black beans I’m sure ranch style or pinto beans or anything else would work too, just rinse and drain so you don’t have the flavors from the beans.
2 8 oz packages of Cream Cheese. (I use Fat Free).
1 Can Refried Beans
Optional: I had a little bit of leftover cheese dip a tostinos cheese dip, so I threw that in there to, just to use it up.
Various Spices: Salt, Pepper, Cumin, Garlic powder or garlic salt, Onion Powder.  Those are the spices I added but you can add hotter spices if you like it hot. 
Throw everything into a slow cooker and cook on high for about 4-6 hours or until the chicken is completely cooked.  Very simple and quick to throw together.  This recipe will feed a crowd.  We’ve gotten about 10 meals out of it, so about 5 meals each, and that doesn’t even include what I froze in individual portions, so next time I’d probably freeze a bit more of it cause it does get a bit boring having the same thing over and over again.  We had it over rice for a couple of meals and then over baked potatoes for a couple of meals. It’d be great made into enchiladas also.  Just layer corn tortillas and chicken slop and then throw on some shredded cheese on top and got an enchilada casserole.  It’d be good as a nacho dip as well, but I’m trying to limit my chip intake so didn’t do nachos with it.  Sorry I don’t have any pictures of the finished product, but by the name of it I’m sure you can tell what it looks like, Chicken Slop.   Oh and if you don’t have chicken, or don’t want to use chicken, you can cook up some ground beef or ground turkey and throw that in there instead, just remember to cook that before putting it in the slow cooker.
Tuesday
Creamy Brocolli Tuna Helper. Note: ended up having leftovers from yesterday, but had it with potatoes this time instead of rice.  I cut potatoes in half and baked them in the oven and then added some light butter and some sour cream and salt and pepper and dried salad topping bacon and dried chives and baked it in the oven a bit longer.  Needed to use up the potatoes before they went bad.
Wednesday
Going to my mother in laws for the day, Have therapy at 2 pm, and have support group meeting at 6 pm till 9 pm plus its an hour and a half away from home, so we’ll be eating out today.  Note:  Got Free meals for tomorrow night from the support group meeting, we had some speakers there that make really healthy meals, unfortionately they are very expensive, but it was nice they gave us free sample meals.
Thursday
Going to the Fair So most likely will eat there.  I know its not the healthiest but the fair is only once a year and we only go the one time, so yea we’re gonna splurge a little but we always share things rather then each get our own, so we can at least try a couple of different things. Note: I really overdid it at the fair, ugggg my stomach was not happy with me, luckily I didn’t go so overboard that I got sick or anything, just uncomfortable.  So I just walked it off and felt better, man it was nice having so much energy, we were there for like 7 hours and I wasn’t even that tired by the end, my feet were a little sore but that was it, compared to last year oh my gosh back then I felt like I was going to die, and I’m sure we weren’t there nearly as long last year, I don’t think I would have been able to walk for that long.  Note: I ended up getting a waterless cookware set, uggg I spent $5000 but I put it on layaway for 6 monthes, hope to pay it off by next month though, sell some stock and get it paid off, I’ve been wanting it for a few years now, and we never had the money, and I was willing to wait a few more years if I had to to get get it, but my hubby told me to go ahead and get it, so it counts as my birthday gift which is nov 23, and our anniversary gift which is nov 13 and our Christmas gift.  Plus probably won’t have money to go out anywhere nice for our birthdays or anniversary but I think its worth it, this cookware is suppose to last forever, and be a really healthy way to cook, and since I love to cook I’ll be having a lot of fun trying all kinds of recipes in this cookware, and I’ll be giving my parents all my old cookware, which was expensive to me back when we got it, no thousands but it was hundreds, plus we got a few free gifts, an awesome slow cooker, which you can use any of the pans that fit on it as the slow cooker which is so cool cause if you just want something small you can use one of the small pans or if you want to make a huge pot of something use one of the big pans, and we also got this veggie and cheese cutter thing, not sure what its called, and a really  nice salad bowl, and this really big pan that was worth over $500 all those for free for buying the big pan set, oh not to mention the basic set was free because we got the big set and that’s a $1600 set.
We had our daytime meals at the fair but we’ll be having dinner here at home, so we’ll go ahead and use up those free meals from the support group meeting yesterday for dinner tonight, nice and simple and quick and free. Oh on top of those two free meals I also scored 8 blouses, 7 bottoms, 1 dress, all for free, I love my support group meetings, a nice way to get new clothes for no cost, and everything looks new and is name brands, and once I shrink out of them I can take them back and trade them for something else. 


Friday
Use up the two frozen pizza’s in the freezer and add extra sauce and meat and cheese.  Note: we still have some leftovers in the fridge from Monday so my husband will be taking those plus the potatoes I ended up making on Tuesday for lunch at work today. 
Saturday
Chicken Parmasean, I’m going to make this with some chicken nuggets, there’s like a third of a bag in the freezer I couldn’t figure out what to do with it, so I thought this up, since I already have frozen cooked whole wheat pasta and frozen sauce and frozen shredded cheese, I put everything in a gallon ziplock baggie, everything of course is in their own individual bags in the gallon ziplock baggie and then I’ll make this probably for lunch.  Serve with some green beans if I can find them in my freezer, its pretty full at the moment.  Note: found the green beans.
For dinner I’ll take the 5 turkey wieners and cut them up in little pieces and add to a can of wolf brand turkey chili or Hormel turkey chili, they’re both good, and add to my low calorie bread, I like to toast it add the chili mixture and then top with cheese and bake in the oven so the cheese melts. 
Note: Michael had to work today so Brandon and I went out for lunch and I ended up making the chicken Parmasean for dinner instead of the hotdog casserole.
Sunday
My Corn Bread Surprise.  Going to make enough to freeze and have leftovers for a few meals. Note: ended up getting a rotisserie chicken from walmart, had that on flatbread with macaroni salad.  I will be making my corn bread surprise tomorrow instead.  We ended up going out for dinner, we usually go out for dinner Sundays because it’s a 3 hour commute to take Brandon back home, and it happens to be right in the middle of when dinner time is suppose to be.  So we use it as our “date” night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment