Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I hate My weight being stalled

Uggg, well I'm in a stall right now, apparently its normal, and i happen to be right at that point when most people have stalls, so yea, its not fun, especially since i was hoping to be 250 by my birthday which is November 23, doesn't look like that will happen, and now its that time of the month so I'm all bloated and the scale is not my friend during my time of the month.  I've been working out almost every day, doing the elliptical, and this past weekend my husband, stepson, and I went walking at the park, i actually ran some, it was an amazing feeling to be able to run, of course didn't get that far, but went way father then i thought i would have been able to go, it was really something.  I set a goal for myself this month to go 45 miles on my elliptical, i don't think I'm going to make it though, because there were a few days i had to take breaks because i overdid it, increased the resistance and that made me really sore, so yea I'm just going to keep the resistance low, and try for more time or going faster, I don't have pains that way, luckily though it seems Tylenol helps with the aches and pains, before surgery when i weighed 366 Tylenol didn't do anything for me, and now it works really well. 
Food issues are still there even after surgery, even after having a really small stomach, you still get cravings, you still want to eat bad things, and for some there lucky and the bad things give them problems and that keeps them away, but for me, i don't know I just seem to not have that many problems with food, I've only thrown up twice since surgery, neither was fun, I don't remember what i ate the first time, but i do remember it felt like it was stuck and it was really dry and i felt like i was choking and having to pull it out of my throat, it was awful.  The second time I puked was a bout of dumping syndrome, the only time I've had dumping syndrome so far, and let me tell you this, it is no fun at all, oh my god it was so painful, i overdid it with sweets that day, i tried one of those new ice cream bars, uggg i can't think of the name but there like just a chocolate covered ice cream bar, but its pretty big, and i was stupid and ate one, and well i suffered big time, i went to bed and after a while my entire body started hurting and i started getting really bad cramps and went to the bathroom and sat there for a while and um well this may be a little graphic but yea i had explosive diareah, and then after that i decided to wait a little while before laying back down so i got on the computer for  a few and took a few sips tiny sips of something to drink and oh my gosh, that sent pain throughout and i had to rush to the bathroom and starting puking my guts up like 4-5 times, it was awful, not fun at all, that was a very bad experience but other then that i haven't really had any problems with any foods, at least nothing to severe, if i eat a little to much i get pain, the pain level depends on how many bites to much, or if i drank right after, now sometimes i do drink after cause certain foods just leave a yucky feeling in my mouth so i try to just take a small sip, but if i take to big of  a drink right after eating then that will hurt.  I seem to gurgle with salads, a lot of people in my support group complain about chicken, i have no problems with chicken, but then again when i make chicken i always boil it or cook it in the oven in a pan full of water so like boiling it in the oven, and then i usually use chicken in casseroles or something so its got soft ingredients to go down well, i guess they mostly complain saying its to dry so it feels stuck, so maybe i don't have that problem with chicken cause my chicken is usually not dry, hmmm, I did have a problem with steak in the beginning, it made me a bit nauseated, probably didn't chew it enough or something but steak is kinda hard to chew down to apple sauce texture, so we just don't have steak that often or i cook it in a way that it will come out nice and tender to chew easily, i also try to get the leaner looking cuts, and as for ground meat i typically only use ground turkey, so red meat we eat maybe once a week or so, we usually have ground turkey and chicken breast, only use boneless skinless chicken breasts.  Bread and tortillas go down ok if i don't have to much, otherwise it does cause some discomfort or pain if i have to much, i get a 45 calorie bread, and keep it in the freezer cause 1 loaf will usually last a few weeks, we try not to have bread that often, and as for tortillas i found this whole wheat carb balance tortillas that's 80 calories, which is the best flour tortillas I've found most are over 100 calories, also found these flat breads that are like 2 circles connected those are about 90 calories so if you only eat 1 of the halves its only about 45 cal and its actually pretty good, can use it as a pizza crust or to make a grilled sand which or whatever, another good bread is lavash bread, a huge piece of this stuff is only 50 calories, i usually cut it into 4 servings so its only about 15 calories per piece, and it can be used as a base for a pizza, or a sand which, or a taco, or a wrap, and it taste really good too.  Some other good products are Walden farms products which are all 0 calories, some of them don't taste that great, and some of them are really good, just don't expect it to taste exactly like its full calorie ed counterpart, that's the problem a lot of people seem to expect it to taste exactly the same and just throw it out cause its not like the full caloried version, well of course its not, its a 0 calorie alternative.  I think the chocolate sauce tastes good, it taste better then the sugar free calorieed versions of chocolate sauce, and the syrup taste good, its not as thick as regular syrup but still gives you the flavor you need without the calories.  Oh and if your going to test taste the stuff, please don't just try it on a spoon or anything cause yea it doesn't taste that great by itself, add it to what you would eat it on to give it a taste test, oh the peanut spread does not taste like peanut butter but you can always mix some of it up with a little regular peanut butter for less calories and still have the peanut butter flavor.  Torani Sugar free Syrups are great too, they're 0 calories and you can add them to drinks, or shakes or puddings or yogurt or whatever, you can bake with them to give things flavor without all the added calories. I took the Walden farms pancake syrup and mixed some with one of the flavored torani syrups and heated it in the microwave and it was a really good addition on top of a low calorie french toast (made with 1 slice 45 cal bread and 1 egg and a tsp of butter or Pam spray) or a cottage cheese pancake.  Talking about french toast i remember making these as after school snacks when i was a kid, never did them low cal and certainly didn't only eat 1, I'd use regular white bread and lots of butter, and eat about 5-6 of them loaded with pancake syrup, my main after school meals were either french toast, a box of macaroni (because if i opened it i had to eat the entire box or i got yelled at for wasting food) or an entire can of ranch style beans or a can of tuna, or eggs, or a combination of the above.  All throughout elementary, junior high and high school i did not get breakfast or lunch, i ate after school the above mentioned foods and then i ate at dinner time. My stomach would rumble all day at school it was so embarrassing, people would look around to try to figure out who was making the noises.  When i got to college i went on a diet, I stopped drinking sodas, cut out sweets, and only ate once a day instead of after school and dinner time, and i lost 80 pounds in like 3 months, I can't wait till i get back down to my lowest weight, it was 250, when i was 18 years old, can't wait to go even lower then that, but right now my goal is 250 and I'm about 21 pounds or so away, oh and yea i know eating only once a day wasn't the healthiest diet but living with my parents and having no money of my own there really wasn't any other alternative, they never really kept stocked groceries in the house...i remember so many times either living off of sandwich's or rice and beans or hamburger helper. 

1 comment:

  1. Stalls are very very common to happen, just stick the basics of your food plan, working out, drinking lots of water and it will start coming off again. We get too spoiled by that scale dropping so fast when it stops we think we are doing something wrong!

    ReplyDelete