Sunday, April 24, 2011

Feeling lots better.....but soooo freaken hungry

Well I've been back home from surgery for a while now, just stayed over night, but wasn't able to get on the computer for more then 2 minutes so decided to wait to write till i could stand sitting here longer then that.  I'm doing good, minimal pain, lots of hunger, or thirst i don't know, just waves of weird pain, but other then that just sore.  It actually wasn't as bad as my gallbladder surgery, i think i took it really well, and i also had someone with me this time, my husband stayed the night with me and took care of me, the only times i needed to call someone in was when i was nausious, and ugggg had lots of nausia that was no fun at all..  OH and my poor hubby has to give me injections for 10 days since i got home from the hospital, he really hates doing that but he does good, the needle going in doesn't hurt at all, just when he pushes the stuff in me then it sorta stings a little, its a blood thinner.  I still can't sleep on our bed though, luckily we have a sofa in our bedroom so i've been sleeping on that, and can't really sleep in very many positions basically just one where i'm half on my back works, other then that it hurts, i tried taking a nap on the bed today and nuh uh, not ready, but hopefully soon, each day gets better and better.  I do miss my 9 furbabies, though, can't really let them all in the house at once or they'll hurt me, so we've only let a couple in with me at a time, the more calm ones, and they do pretty good, i'm sure they all miss me like crazy, luckily we have a baby gate in our hallway so they can still see me they just can't jump on me.  and its also been great having my mom here to help, she's been cooking for my hubby, and taking care of the dishes and dogs and stuff, which is nice to have the extra help right now.  My dad is with my great aunt still in houston, they're wanting to move her to a nursing home but she won't eat, she says she'll eat when she goes home, but thats not even true and she can't go back home.  As soon as they figure out that situation then my dad will be driving here to see me for a little bit and take my mom back home with him, and then they'll probably go back to be with my great aunt.  Its been such an ordeal with her, I just hope she's not suffering, and my dad has lots of problems of his own so its kinda hard that he's having to help take care of someone else, it seems like the hospital isn't really doing there job, and its suppose to be a really good hospital, my dad and his sister are having to change her diaper and walk her and stuff.  So back to me again, this liquid phase of the diet really really sucks, i hate it, i'm so sick of all the liquid stuff already....but i have to keep it up for 2 more weeks....uggggg :( no fun, hopefully i'll be strong.  I can't wait till i can eat something solid, it was easier the first few days i didn't feel like eating anything, but now that i'm feeling better, ugggg, i'm really hungry, and i can't stand soup, we got different kinds and blended and strained them, but uggg i just don't like the flavor or texture or whatnot, i tried cream of wheat watered down real good today, its ok i guess, at least i seem to be able to get a bit of that down ok. Oh and as for the shoulder pain right after surgery that didn't last very long at all, it only lasted while i was in the hospital and everytime i walked it went away until it just stayed gone, so that was nice.  And as of today i've lost 14 pounds since surgery day, so thats pretty cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment