Monday, April 4, 2011

Surgery Date April 19

Well its 2 weeks till surgery, i'm getting really excited, i've lost 24 pounds so far since january 1, I got my pre surgery testing scheduled for this friday. my great aunt is sending me the money to pay for the surgery today, so i should get it later in the week.

Well some backstory....i was originally going to have the lapband, well i went through all the jumps and hoops the insurance required but yet they still denied me....so that got me thinking of having the gastric sleeve instead, but of course the insurance didn't cover that even if i did try to appeal the denial....so i asked my family, my great aunt and grandparents if they could chip in and help me pay for the surgery, and i waited half a week for their answer, and they said yes, and so i finally got my surgery date, and started my pre op 4 week diet, they are having me do the slim fast diet, lost 16 pounds the past 2 weeks.....so thats pretty good,
i did cheat a little, especially this weekend, i had a slice of pizza on saturday, and some chocolate on sunday and also went out to dinner sunday at a japanese restaraunt had eel sushi, which was really good, first time i had tried it....on a big sushi kick lately, and they also had my favorite lemon chicken, oh it was soooo good, me and my husband shared the lemon chicken and the sushi rolls. So thats going to be our new favorite restaraunt when i'm all healed up and can go out, i figure if we share and i take home leftovers it'll be fine to have a special treat once in a while..

1 comment:

  1. Hey.. My name is Keri. I am having the bypass surgery within the next 2 weeks as well. I just went for my nicotine test today and will be given my surgery date this wednesday. I'd love to follow your progress, if your okay with that. I will be starting my own blog for my surgery in the next week or so. Just have to find some time to set up a new one. I haven't written in my other blog since Nov. but, you are welcome to go read some and enjoy all my animals pictures. =) Hope to hear from you soon.. Keri

    ReplyDelete