Monday, April 11, 2011

Abnormal EKG and other ramblings

Well I had my pre op testing done last Friday and got the call today Monday that my EKG was abnormal, oh great, this means i have to go see a  cardiologist, after playing phone tag today finally got an appointment with a cardiologist tomorrow.....uggg stressing cause we only have 70 dollars in the bank and i don't know how much the visit is, hopefully it won't be to bad.  I hate being broke...but anyways on to other things, I really don't want my surgery to be changed, I hope everything will be fine tomorrow, I think I've waited long enough already to get this surgery done, not to mention my husband already requested two weeks off of work to be with me, so ugggg, I don't know what to do.  Well all i can do is hope for the best. 
I've already lost 29 pounds since Jan 1, I'm so happy, i just can't wait to lose more.  I already feel more comfortable, i actually had a little space in between my belly and steering wheel in my car...that was nice...i hate when it touches...not comfy at all.  People have told me they notice it in my face, and even in my personality.  I've been like extra hyper lately...bouncing off the walls.  I love having energy, my thyroid levels are finally at a good place and I have a lot of energy now, before i couldn't really do anything, and i was so depressed, it was not fun at all.  I've been running around my house this past month cleaning like crazy and going through things and donating, trying to get rid of clutter, it looks a lot nicer now.
Oh great product alert, you have to try shirataki noodles also known as miracle noodles or yam noodles, they vary from 0 calories up to 40 calories for an entire package, you have to prepare them correctly though...lots of rinsing, because they are in this liquid that has a fishy smell, but it washes away with some hot water, and then cut the noodles with scissors and then throw them in a non stick pan, no need for oil or anything and just heat till there's no more liquid coming out, and then i like to add about a tbsp of minced garlic from the little jars...adds a little flavor, and its great as spagetti pasta or noodles in a stir fry, i even tried a mock lasagna the other day layered the fettucine shaped noodles with ricotta and sauce and ground turkey, and some mozzerella, came out pretty good, even my 9 year old stepson liked it, couldn't tell the difference with the noodles.  Well thats it for tonight, its getting close to midnight and i have my cardiologist appointment in the morning....probably won't be able to fall asleep easily with that on my mind.

3 comments:

  1. sorry to hear about the ekg problems.. i will be thinking about you and hope everything is okay so your surgery can be done on time..

    i went for all my pre-op stuff today.. everything was good to go for my surgery tomorrow.. i am really scared so please pray for me.. have to be at the hospital at 6:30am tomorrow.. time for me to try and get a little bit of sleep tonight, if i can.. doctor told me as long as everything goes good and there are no complications afterward, i might be able to come home as early as thursday.. (they sure don't like to keep you in the hospital like they used to huh? lol)

    i think you said your surgery day is on thursday so, while i won't be able to talk to you beforehand, i will wish you good luck right now and let you know that you will be in my prayers.. you will do great!!! we will talk sometime next week.. keri

    ReplyDelete
  2. i got home from the hospital yesterday. surgery went great with not very much pain afterward.. best advice i have for you is walk around a little bit between your sips to avoid getting that horrible bloated feeling.. plus it'll help you pass gas which will make you feel amazing!! i have a few post op pics my hubby lovingly took during my hospital stay. lol i will be posting them to my blog in the next day or so with a new postop post.. if your surgery was done, i hope it went amazing for you.. you might not be comfortable sitting for long periods of time so just keep moving around.. here is my cell number if you feel like texting or calling.. i might not be very far ahead of ya but, i will support ya if you need someone to talk to who understands what you have just put yourself thru.. i actually forget i am walking laps in my house if i am texting while i do it. =) (keri- 910-574-9877)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been taking desiccated porcine thyroid for a month now, this supplement not only reduced my symptoms but it also helped me lose a few extra pounds.

    ReplyDelete