Monday, October 31, 2011

Weekly Menu Plan for Oct 24, 2011 to Oct 30, 2011


Weekly Meal Plan For October 24, 2011 to October 30, 2011
Monday
Made Some Turkey Chili.  Cooked up a package of ground turkey, sautéed some onions and green pepper and garlic, and added some cumin and salt and pepper, and threw in a can of diced tomatoes, can of ranch style beans, a can of Hormel turkey chili with beans, a can of Hormel turkey chili without beans, and a can of wolf brand turkey chili no beans.  This made a ton of leftovers, so we’ll both have it for lunch tomorrow and possibly freeze some or just keep it in the fridge for my hubby to take to lunch for a few days.
Tuesday
Cornbread Surprise.  Note: take cornbread surprise out of the freezer Monday so its defrosted for today. 
Wednesday
Salsa Chicken with Mexican rice (already cooked and in the freezer) and Pinto Beans (already cooked and in the freezer need to season for flavor.) Pull out everything from the freezer Tuesday so its defrosted for today.  I’m going to boil the chicken on the stove and then when its about done I’m going to bake it in the oven with some Salsa spooned over it, and serve it with my Mexican rice and pinto beans. 
Thursday
Chicken and shrimp and Veggie Teriaki Stirfry with rice.
Friday
Pizza.  I’ll use up some of the sandwhich rounds (45 cal each half) (Note: I was only able to eat one of the mini pizzas with a little of the sides.) I have leftover and add some pizza/spaghetti sauce I already have made up in the freezer and add some mozzarella cheese also already in the freezer all in serving sizes.  Served with leftover Potato that I had for lunch it was a big potato so plenty for the 3 of us plus still had leftovers, and some leftover macaroni, Kraft had this new kind of macaroni that says it has a full serving of veggies, it’s got cauliflour powder or something, I could actually taste the cauliflour, I don’t have macaroni often once every few monthes or so, so I thought I’d give this a try, it was pretty good, but a bit expensive, twice the price of the regular box of kraft macaroni and 1 less serving, but we still managed to make a 2 person box feed three people plus I had some for lunch before I used the rest up for dinner, so that’s 4 servings we got out of a 2 serving box, so that’s not bad at all.  Oh and I had bought 2 cooked chicken breasts at the grocery store I had some of one of them for lunch and the rest is what I used to top the pizzas, there ended up being more chicken left but its been in the fridge a few days so I’ll be throwing out the rest of it.  I really need to remember to freeze extras of stuff right away…..
Saturday
Grill Hotdogs and Corn on the Cob, and BBQ Beans, with whatever chips we already have on hand.  Note: only thing I’ll have to buy is the corn on the cob, and we’ll use regular bread that’s already in the freezer instead of high calorie buns, I use a 45 cal bread.  I am using regular wieners though because I had them in my freezer and I want to get them used up, instead of wasting them and throwing them away, but from now on I’m only going to buy the lower calorie wieners, but I’m thinking about cutting wieners out of our diet all together so I’ll just be using what we already stocked up on in our freezer and when we run out of them then no more wieners for a while, I’m not a big fan of them anyways, my stepson and my hubby are the hot dog fans.  We ended up going car shopping today so we didn’t get to have the hotdogs for lunch, instead we ate at burger king, not my favorite place, I actually hate fast food restaurants….i shared a chicken sandwhich with my hubby and we all three shared an order of fries.  We ended up stopping by my inlaws after car shopping and invited them over for dinner….we had to take both cars home so my hubby drove home and me and my stepson went to walmart to pick up a couple last minute things for the bbq dinner, and then I got a call from my hubby while we were shopping and he ended up locking his keys in the car, and well I didn’t have a set of keys to the house cause I was driving the new car.  Luckily we had invited his parents over and they have a set of our house keys, but unfortionately they were already halfway to our house when he called to tell them he locked himself out and they didn’t have our key with them….So me and Brandon walked around walmart to kill time for a while cause it was going to be about another 45 minutes….and we didn’t want to sit outside with groceries melting…So they went back and got the spare key, and then my hubby had to call a guy to get into his car, cause well those were his only set of keys to that car……Well after all that we still managed to have a nice dinner….I ended up getting steaks when we were at walmart so my hubby grilled those up too, first they were still running blood and so he put them back on and they um well got a little extra well done, they were still edible though, so that’s good. 
Sunday
We had leftovers from yesterday, cause of course I always cook for an army so I usually either freeze the extra or we eat off it for a few meals.  We had the leftovers for breakfast and lunch and then me and my hubby went to dinner at boston market after dropping off Brandon with his mom. 

1 comment: