Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Craft Project #1 Key Holder

Last night I stayed up till about 1 am to work on a craft project, a key holder.  I bought the key holder at a thrift store and knew I wanted to do something creative with it, I just hadn't gotten around to doing anything yet, so last night I decided to have a little fun with it, and broke out my crafts in my new craft room, well I've had the craft room since we moved into this house in June just re arranged it a bit this week so its a more effective and use-able space.  Pictures to come later, of the craft room once its a bit more organized.  I know my pictures aren't the best quality with the best background but I never claimed to be a professional, I'm just a bored housewife who likes to do crafts, hope to be adding more projects soon.

                   
This is the beginning of my craft project, this is how it looked when I bought it.

This is just another angle.

This is the side.

I took some all purpose red paint and brownish paint, mixed
them with a little glitter and here's how that turned out.

Modpodged a pretty shape that fit perfectly on both sides from
some scrapbook paper I have.

This is just another angle with it painted.

Had to add some pretty bling.

The finished side after modpodge dried.

Another angle with the bling....not quite done yet.

This is the Finished product with all its pretty bling.

Just another Shot of the finished product, haven't hung it up
yet, I'll have to take a picture when I hang it.



No comments:

Post a Comment